Below you will find the list of all the essentials you will need for February’s Sewing Class!
Sewing Class Supply List
- Sewing machine – cleaned, oiled, and good working order
- Scissors – sharp for cutting fabric
- Straight pins and pin cushion or magnetic pin holder
- Matching thread – all-purpose thread
- Sewing machine needles – size 12/80
- Measuring tape
- Seam ripper (optional)
Fabric for Project
I am recommending Duck Cloth fabric, which comes in a variety of colors and patterns at Hobby Lobby. You will need two pieces of fabric: one for the body of the tote bag and a smaller, coordinating piece for the accent border and handles. This is your opportunity to let to let your creativity go to work as mixing and matching fabrics is a part of the process. In other words, have fun with it! You will need:
1/2 yard of fabric for the body of the tote bag
1/3 yard of fabric for the accent border
Whoop! This is going to be a FUN time!!